2024 Assessment Information
WSEU 2024 Open Tryouts/Assessments - Registrations OPEN DECEMBER 1ST!
U9 - U17 birth years 2007 - 2015
The Winnipeg South End United Soccer Club (WSEU) will be conducting open assessments for the 2024 Season. All players who would like to try out for developmental level (U9-U12) and premier level (U13-U17) soccer are invited to attend.
Please share this information with friends and families who may be interested in playing developmental or premier soccer in 2024 - those who have played recreational soccer in past years, those who played U8 mini-soccer in 2023 and anyone new to our area. Thank you for helping to spread the word about WSEU.
January 15 to January 25
All ages/genders receive two tryout sessions.
Players trying out for a goalkeeper position will attend the two sessions for their gender/age group.
WSEU requests that all players use the online registration system accessed through our website for tryouts. Online registration for tryouts is closed but will open on Friday, December 1, 2023. Please contact the WSEU office if you are unable to register online.
Tryout Registration Fee of $30.00 per athlete (U9-U17)
In-person registration must be paid by cheque ONLY payable to WSEU. NO cash, debit, or credit cards will be accepted at tryout sessions.
View the full tryout schedule
WSF Indoor Soccer Complex South 211 Chancellor Matheson Road, University of Manitoba
Developmental and Premier Soccer:
WSEU runs a competitive soccer program. The premier and developmental 2024 season runs from March to November. Athletes are expected to attend training
sessions, games and tournaments throughout the ENTIRE season including the summer months. We request that you please consider what your 2024 schedule will be PRIOR to registering for tryouts and subsequently a WSEU team.
General Tryout Policies:
- Sessions are 1 hour in duration at WSF South and will start at the indicated time. (Note that there are a few sessions for players U13+ that are longer than 1 hour.)
- The check-in table and tryout registration table (for walk-ups) will be open 30 minutes prior to the start of your session, so please be early.
- All players must check in at the WSEU desk on the second floor Mezzanine area (WSF South) to pick up a numbered pinnie prior to session start time.
- Be on-time, dressed and ready 10 minutes in advance of kick-off.
- Players are required to attend both sessions for their age/division.
- Be dressed in proper soccer attire (cleats, shin guards, shorts, and white shirt). Any player without shin guards will be turned away from the session.
- Players are not allowed to wear clothing that identifies any other soccer organization, including, but not limited to, academies, provincial teams, other soccer clubs.
- Ensure your player brings a labeled water bottle. The facilities only allow for water.
- All athletes wanting to play at the Premier (U13-U17) or Developmental (U9-U12) level are expected to try out to be considered for a WSEU competitive team. This policy includes and applies to all athletes who currently play for WSEU or who have previously played for WSEU.
- All athletes must try out in their birth year category. No exceptions. Players found to be intentionally registering within the incorrect birth year will be excluded from tryouts.
- If your child is not able to attend tryouts because of sickness, injury or is out of town please contact our office immediately.
- Emails inviting players to the WSEU program will be sent starting beginning of February.
Thank you for considering WSEU and we hope to see you in January!
Questions may be directed to the WSEU Office at email@example.com or 204-452-8020.