The Winnipeg South End United Soccer Club (WSEU) will be conducting open tryouts for the 2019 Outdoor Season in February 2019. All players residing in the WSEU district who would like to try out for developmental level (U9-U12) and premier level (U13-U17) soccer are invited to attend.
Please share this information with friends and family in the South District who may consider playing developmental or premier soccer in 2019 – those who have played recreational soccer in past years, those who played U8 mini-soccer in 2018 and anyone new to our area. Thank you for helping to spread the word about WSEU.
February 4 to February 21
All ages/genders receive two tryout sessions.
There is a goalkeeper evaluation session for players U13 & U14 on February 13. Players trying out for a goalkeeper position will attend the two sessions for their gender/age group PLUS the goalkeeper session for a total of three sessions. There is no additional charge for the goalkeeper session.
Note to current WSEU indoor families: Tryout times are integrated into the indoor season training schedule. It is a necessity to use some of WSEU’s regular slots at WSF South in order to facilitate tryouts. The use of these training slots for tryouts was accounted for in the original schedule and fee structure for the 2018-2019 indoor season. You are NOT being charged for a team training session that you are not using if you are presently registered on a team for the indoor season.
WSEU requests that all players use the online registration system accessed through our website for tryouts. Online registration for tryouts is now open and will CLOSE Friday, February 1, 2019. Please contact the WSEU office if you are unable to register online.
Pre-register online until February 1:
- INDOOR PLAYER DISCOUNT – Premier (U13-U16) and Developmental (U9-U12) players currently registered with WSEU for the 2018-2019 indoor season are able to register at a reduced rate of $25.00 per athlete.
- Tryout Registration Fee of $30.00per athlete for all other athletes (U9-U17)
After February 1, a Late Tryout Registration Fee of $45.00 per athlete applies to ALL players (U9-U17). The late fee applies for in-person, in-office registration after February 1 and walk-ups on tryout days (February 4 to February 21). In-person registration must be paid by cheque ONLY payable to WSEU. NO cash, debit, or credit cards will be accepted at tryout sessions.
Online payment by credit card or PayPal is recommended. When you go to make your payment - you will see a PayPal button. Click the PayPal button and you will have two options:
- Login to your personal PayPal account and make your payment using PayPal
- Select "Buy as a Guest" and you will be able to make your payment with a credit card
If you are not paying online, then full payment MUST be received within 2 days of this registration. Payment must be by money order or cheque - payable to WSEU. Cash will not be accepted. Please Note: Your child will not be registered until payment has been received by WSEU.
View the full tryout schedule for February 4 to February 21.
WSF Indoor Soccer Complex South
211 Chancellor Matheson Road, University of Manitoba
Note re Developmental and Premier Soccer:
WSEU runs a competitive soccer program for the south district of the City of Winnipeg. The premier and developmental outdoor 2019 season runs from May to September. Athletes are expected to attend training sessions, games and tournaments throughout the ENTIRE season including the summer months. We request that you please consider what your 2019 schedule will be PRIOR to registering for tryouts and subsequently a WSEU team.
If you plan to be away for an extended period of time during the season or are unable to consistently commit to the three to five sessions per week the WSEU program runs (depending on age), you may choose to consider playing for your Community Centre program rather than the WSEU program. Please visit your local Community Centre’s website for details on their soccer programs.
General Tryout Policies:
- Sessions are 1 hour in duration at WSF South and will start at the indicated time. (Note that there are a few sessions for players U13+ that are longer than 1 hour.)
- The check-in table and tryout registration table (for walk-ups) will be open 30 minutes prior to the start of your session, so please be early. There will be lineups!
- All players must check in at the WSEU desk on the second floor Mezzanine area (WSF South) to pick up a numbered pinnie prior to session start time.
- Be on-time, dressed and ready 10 minutes in advance of kick-off.
- ARRIVE EARLY. Lineups in previous years have lasted more than 20 - 25 minutes with some players missing almost half of a session. If everyone shows up just 5 minutes before the session and some are walk-up registrations, even with a lot of volunteers, we cannot all get through the queue on time.
- Players are required to attend both sessions for their age/division.
- Be dressed in proper soccer attire (cleats, shin guards, shorts, and white shirt). Any player without shin guards will be turned away from the session.
- Players are not allowed to wear clothing that identifies any other soccer organization, including, but not limited to, academies, provincial teams, REX/NDC, other soccer clubs.
- Ensure your player brings a labeled water bottle. The facilities only allow for water.
- All athletes wanting to play at the Premier (U13-U17) or Developmental (U9-U12) level are expected to try out to be considered for a WSEU competitive team. This policy includes and applies to all athletes who currently play for WSEU indoor, or who have previously played for WSEU outdoor.
- All athletes must try out in their birth year category. No exceptions. Players found to be intentionally registering within the incorrect birth year will be excluded from tryouts.
- If your child is not able to attend tryouts because of sickness, injury or is out of town please contact our office immediately.
- Evaluation results will be emailed to families following the completion of all tryouts.
Do you have more questions? Visit www.wseu.ca for full details on the 2019 outdoor season including:
- Division and birth year categories
- Tryout Schedule for February 4 to February 21
- To be posted by the end of January 2019- 2019 WSEU Parent Information Sheet including info on (but not limited to):
- Developmental Program for Ages 9 - 12
- Long-Term Player Development Program details for Ages 9 - 12
- Premier 1 and Premier 2 Program for Ages 13 – 17
- Tryout Process
- 2019 Outdoor Season Schedule Details
- WSEU Coach Selection
- 2019 Outdoor Program Fees
- 2019 Outdoor Program Registration Process and Timeline
- Club Policies
- Parent/Club Communication
- WYSA, MSA and CSA information
Thank you for considering WSEU and we hope to see you in February!
View Tryout Schedule
Questions may be directed to the WSEU Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-452-8020.
Follow us on Twitter @WSEUSoccer
Follow us on Instagram @wseusoccer
Visit our You Tube channel WSEU Soccer