The Winnipeg South End United Soccer Club (WSEU) will be conducting open evaluations for the 2020 Development and Premier Outdoor Season. All players residing in the WSEU District who would like to try out for developmental level (U9-U12) and premier level (U13-U17) soccer are invited to attend.
Please share this information with friends and family in the South End District who may consider playing developmental or premier soccer in 2020 – those who have played recreational soccer in past years, those who played U8 mini-soccer in 2019 and anyone new to our area is welcome to attend. Thank you for helping to spread the word about WSEU.
February 3 to February 20
All ages/genders receive two evaluation sessions.
Note to current WSEU indoor families: Evaluation times are integrated into the indoor season training schedule. It is a necessity to use some of WSEU’s regular slots at WSF in order to facilitate evaluations. The use of these training slots for evaluations was accounted for in the original schedule and fee structure for the 2019-2020 indoor season. You are NOT being charged for a team training session that you are not using if you are presently registered on a team for the indoor season.
WSEU requests that all players use the online registration system accessed through our website for evaluations. Online registration for evaluations is now open and will CLOSE Friday, January 31, 2020. Please contact the WSEU office if you are unable to register online.
Pre-register online until Friday, January 31:
- INDOOR PLAYER DISCOUNT – Premier (U13-U16) and Developmental (U9-U12) players currently registered with WSEU for the 2019-2020 indoor season are able to register at a reduced rate of $25.00 per athlete
- Evaluation Registration Fee of $30.00 per athlete for all other athletes (U9-U17)
- After January 31 a Late Registration Fee of $45.00 per athlete applies to ALL players (U9-U17).
The late fee applies for in-person, in-office registration after January 31st and walk-ups on evaluation days (February 3 to February, 20). In-person registration must be paid by cheque ONLY payable to WSEU. NO cash, debit, or credit cards will be accepted at evaluation sessions.
View the full evaluation schedule for February 3 to February 20.
WSF Indoor Soccer Complex, 211 Chancellor Matheson Road
NOTE: WSEU runs a competitive development and premier soccer program for the South End District catchment of the Winnipeg Youth Soccer Association (WYSA). The premier and developmental outdoor 2020 season runs from May to September. Athletes are expected to attend training sessions, games and tournaments throughout the ENTIRE season including the summer months. We request that you please consider what your 2020 schedule will be PRIOR to registering for evaluations and subsequently a WSEU team.
If you plan to be away for an extended period of time during the season or are unable to consistently commit to the three to five sessions per week the WSEU program runs (depending on age), you may choose to consider playing for your Community Centre program rather than the WSEU program. Please visit your local Community Centre’s website for details on their soccer programs.
General Evaluation Policies:
- Sessions are 1 hour in duration at WSF and will start at the indicated time. (Note that there are a few sessions for players U13+ that are longer than 1 hour.)
- The check-in table and registration table (for walk-ups) will be open 30 minutes prior to the start of your session, so please be early. There will be lineups! Check in at the WSEU desk on the second floor Mezzanine area (WSF) to pick up a pinnie prior to session start time.
- Be on-time, dressed and ready 10 minutes in advance of kick-off.
- ARRIVE EARLY. Lineups in previous years have lasted more than 20 - 25 minutes with some players missing almost half of a session. If everyone shows up just 5 minutes before the session and some are walk-up registrations, even with a lot of volunteers, we cannot all get through the queue on time.
- Players are required to attend both sessions for their age/division. Please contact the club office if you are unable to attend both sessions.
- Be dressed in proper soccer attire (cleats, shin guards, shorts, and plain white shirt).
Any player without shin guards will be turned away from the session.
- Ensure your player brings a labeled water bottle. The facilities only allow for water.
- All athletes intending to play at the Premier (U13-U17) or Developmental (U9-U12) level are expected to attend evaluations in order to be considered for a WSEU competitive team. This policy includes and applies to all athletes who currently play for WSEU indoor, or who have previously played for WSEU outdoor.
- All athletes must register for evaluation in their birth year category. No exceptions. Players found to be intentionally registering within the incorrect birth year will be excluded from evaluations.
- If your child is not able to attend evaluations because of sickness, injury or being out of town please contact our office immediately.
PROCEED TO ONLINE REGISTRATION
Do you have more questions? Visit www.wseu.ca for full details on the 2020 outdoor season including:
To be posted by the end of January 2020 - 2020 WSEU Parent Information Sheet including info on (but not limited to):
- Developmental Program for Ages 9 – 12
- Long-Term Player Development Program details for Ages 9 – 12
- Premier 1 and Premier 2 Program for Ages 13 – 17
- Evaluation Process
- 2020 Outdoor Season Schedule Details
- WSEU Coach Selection
- 2020 Outdoor Program Fees
- 2020 Outdoor Program Registration Process and Timeline
- Club Policies
- Parent/Club Communication
- WYSA, MSA and CSA information
Thank you and we hope to see you in February!
Visit www.wseu.ca to register online for evaluations now.
Questions may be directed to the WSEU Office at email@example.com 204-452-8020.